04 - 11 September 2024
Register now with just a £100 deposit!
Now that our Tracing Your Irish Ancestors 2023 has ended we are delighted to announce details and booking information for our 2024 programme.
Running from 04 - 11 September, Tracing Your Irish Ancestors 2024 will include a number of brand new tours to famous historic sites across the island of Ireland - and will also include some "old favourites".
For the first time since 2019, Tracing Your Irish Ancestors 2024 will return to Dublin and will see delegates visit Kilmainham Gaol, one of Ireland's most important monuments and visitor attractions and for the first time since 2018 (excluding the visit of two small groups in 2022), Tracing Your Irish Ancestors will return to Barons Court, the magnificent seat of the Duke of Abercorn whose ancestors migrated from Scotland over 400 years ago.
Tracing Your Irish Ancestors 2024 will also see delegates visit the UNESCO World Heritage site at Brú na Bóinne, with tours of the neolithic burial monuments at Newgrange and Knowth; tour what has been described as "the world's leading tourist attraction" by the World Travel Awards, Titanic Belfast; experience the stark beauty of the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was voted the fourth greatest natural wonder in the United Kingdom; receive a guided walking tour along the famous walls of Derry City; and much more!
Crucially, for the research enthusiast, our research team will be there each day in the archives to offer advice and assist delegates in breaking down those genealogical brick walls.
As with our previous Tracing Your Irish Ancestors programmes delegates will be able to shape their own experiences by choosing to either research in the archives or join our staff on daily excursions through Ireland's beautiful landscape to some of its most historic sites.
Assisted research, tours and sightseeing are all part of the eclectic, friendly and fun mix of Tracing Your Irish Ancestors. Join us for the journey. We will be delighted to see you again!
- 04 September 2024 - Opening Reception
- 05 September 2024 - Tour of Titanic Belfast and Belfast City
- 06 September 2024 - Visit to Barons Court and Ulster American Folk Park
- 07 September 2024 - Tour through the Glens of Antrim and visit to Giant's Causeway
- 08 September 2024 - Free day for delegates to spend as they choose.
- 09 September 2024 - Walking tour of Derry City, including a bus tour across the city visiting locations such as "Free Derry" Corner and the Bogside area of the city; St Columba's Long Tower Church and St Augustine's Church.
- 10 September 2024 - Tour of Kilmainham Gaol and Dublin City
- 11 September 2024 - Tour through the Boyne Valley, including visits to the burial monuments at Brú na Bóinne
*Note: Provisional bookings have been made but schedule is subject to change.