Tender for construction of a new website for Ulster Historical Foundation
CLOSING DATE: 30 October 2020
CLOSING TIME: 17:00 GMT
DATED ISSUED: Monday, 5 October 2020
Ulster Historical Foundation wish to appoint a contactor to develop a completely new website combining all existing aspects of the Foundation’s online presence, which include:
- www.historyfromheadstones.com (content not currently accessible to the public)
Plus bringing together microsites promoting conferences, courses, projects and other content, all under one URL, which is well-laid out, with clear, easy navigation.
All these various resources will be brought together under one dedicated, seamless website
It is desired that this website will:
- Offer a fully-integrated e-commerce platform that applies to all Foundation products and services. NB: The commerce solution must be at the heart of the website
- Modernise and improve UHF’s online profile
- Improve website visibility to Google and other search engines
- Make aspects of the site attractive for social-media reposting and sharing
- Improve sales, registrations, subscriptions
This website will be:
- An important genealogical resource for DIY genealogists through its genealogical database and search functionality
- Reputable and trusted genealogical and historical bookstore
- Important heritage tourism resource making UHF seen as a trusted small tour operator
- A portal for the Irish and Scots-Irish community to connect with each other through our membership association (the ‘Guild’) and members’ area
- An informative and trusted local history website, valuable also to ‘free-for-view’ visitor.
The contactor will be responsible for the design of the website and the construction of the structural elements of the website.
The contractor will be expected to work closely with dedicated staff members of the Ulster Historical Foundation to manage the development and content population to the website as it is developed.