11 Day Package: Sat Jun 3rd - Tue Jun 12 2018
$2,489 PP Sharing Double/Twin ~ $3,099 PP Single Room*
Ulster Historical Foundation with Cara Group Travel are pleased to offer a brand new tour for 2018
The Scots-Irish Discovery Tour - a tour to inspire pride in Irish and Scots-Irish heritage and culture.
Discover the history of the province of Ulster and explore your Ulster-Scots heritage whilst taking in the incomparable greenery, majestic rolling hills, the warmest of welcomes and the iconic landmarks of Ireland and Northern Ireland – there’s never been a better time to travel.
Although Cara Group Travel is based in North America this tour is open to all visitors regardless of where you are in the world.
*Please note that the Discovery Tour is priced in US dollars. Below is a list showing the price in different currencies:
AUD CAD NZD
$2,489 USD = $3,163.35AUD $2,489 USD = $3,106.27 CAD $2,489 USD = $3540.04 NZD
$3,099 USD = $3,939.18AUD $3,099 USD = $3,867.55 CAD $3,099 USD = $4407.62 NZD
- June 3, 4: 2 Night Dublin Hotel
- June 5: 1 Night Omagh Hotel
- June 6, 7: 2 Night Derry Hotel
- June 8, 9, 10: 3 Night Belfast Hotel
- June 11: 1 Night Cabra Hotel
- Full Irish Breakfast Daily (except morning of arrival)
- 5 Hotel Dinners including Farewell Dinner at Cabra Castle
Transportation & Other:
- Professional Irish Guide Throughout
- Round-trip Airport Transfer from/to Dublin Intl Airport
- Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach with Professional Irish Driver Throughout
- All Hotel Taxes & Service Charges Included
- Hotel Porterage for 1 Bag
- Visit to Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Dublin
- Visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin
- Visit to The Ulster American Folk Park, Co. Tyrone
- Visit to Barons Court Estate, Co. Tyrone
- Walking Tour of the City of Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to the Siege Museum and Exhibition, Co. Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to Glenveagh National Park and Castle, Co. Donegal
- Visit to the Giant's Causeway, Co. Antrim
- Visit to Sentry Hill, Co. Antrim
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Belfast
- Ulster Historical Foundation (UHF) Walking Tour of Belfast
- Visit to Titanic Belfast
- Visit to Down Cathedral, Co. Down
- Visit to the General Ross Monument, Co. Down
Irish Genealogy Essentials - June 2018
If you have Ulster ancestors you may like to join the Foundation’s Irish Genealogy Essentials Course, which will run from 13 to 15 June, timed to follow immediately after the end of the tour.
Priced at $449.99 (only $399.99 for those taking part in the Scots-Irish Discovery Tour*) this three-day course, delivered by the Foundation’s expert staff, will help to give you the skills and experience to further explore your family history and help you find your elusive Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors.
* Note the Irish Genealogy Essentials Course is priced in UK pounds (stg). Comparative prices (for information only) are given below for other currencies.
AUD CAD NZD
$449.99 USD = $571.13 AUD $449.99 USD = $561.23 CAD $449.99 USD = $640.01 NZD
$399.99 USD = $507.67 AUD $399.99 USD = $498.72 CAD $399.99 USD = $568.98 NZD
Note on Terminology
Scots-Irish, Scotch-Irish, Ulster-Scots - Do you know the difference?
Scotch-Irish is an American term referring to people largely of Scottish heritage who emigrated from northern parts of Ireland in the 18th century and settled in interior parts of colonies (later states) from Pennsylvania south to South Carolina. Especially in the southeastern U.S., it has been the predominant term for these settlers and their descendants for more than three hundred years. For more information, please visit