Register for one of our family history research programmes or conferences between 05 December and 16 December and be automatically included in a prize draw for the chance to win the Christmas “Golden Ticket”.
The “Golden Ticket” will offer one lucky winner the chance to participate in one of the Foundation’s 2020 family history research programmes for just the price of their deposit.
Unlock your family's story in 2020
Are you wishing to find out more about your Irish ancestors? Have you been thinking of what to do or where to go for your next vacation? Have you always wanted to visit some of Ireland’s famous landmarks and journey through the country’s beautiful landscape?
2020 will see Ulster Historical Foundation host a number of family history conferences and research programmes to suit all tastes, and levels of experience.
The “Golden Ticket” just might be YOUR ticket to Ireland in 2020.
2020 Family History Research Programmes
Any registration for the following programmes received between 05 December and 16 December will be automatically included in the "Golden Ticket” prize draw.
- Tracing Your Irish Ancestors: Family History Conference, 10-17 June
- Irish Family History Experience: Introduction to Irish Genealogy, 07-12 September
- Researching your Irish Ancestors: Assisted Research Programme, 05-09 October
Click the different links listed above to find out more information about the different programmes.
NOTE: There will be ONE "Golden Ticket" which can be used for ONE of these programmes.
Just Three Steps to Enter
- Choose your desired conference or research programme
- Pay your deposit
- "Potentially" take part in one of our 2020 family history programmes for as little as £299.99!
The winner of our “Golden Ticket” will be informed by email before 20 December and will be announced at a later date.
Terms and conditions
The "Golden Ticket" can only be applied against one research programme. There will only be one winner of the "Golden Ticket".
*The “Golden Ticket” entitles the winner to participate in their desired 2020 family history research programme by only paying their deposit. Airfares/travel to and from Belfast, accommodation, spending money and other hospitality arrangements, outside what is included in a standard programme registration, are not included as part of this offer. These will still be the responsibility of the winner.
NOTE: Deposits are non-refundable.
Each registration received between 05 December and 16 December will be taken in good faith as an indication that you will attend regardless of the outcome of this promotion.
What is it?
The Promotion will involve registrations received for Ulster Historical Foundation research programmes and conferences being entered into a prize draw. Only one entry per registration. All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw and one winner will be randomly selected by Ulster Historical Foundation staff.
To attend a 2020 research programme or conference paying nothing but a deposit. The balance to the winner's registration will be paid by the Foundation.
Prize Draw Information:
- Promotion held from 19:00 (GMT) on 05 December 2019 to midnight 16 December 2019.
- Each registration received during this time will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Each registration will be treated as a single entry into the draw.
- Entries received outside this period will not be counted.
- The winner will be selected at random
- The winner will be contacted by their registered email address before 20 December 2019 to be informed that they have won the "Golden Ticket"
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they can be contacted via their registered email address. If Ulster Historical Foundation or its authorised agents are not able to contact the winner by midnight two weeks after the first attempted notification, the Foundation reserves the right to select an alternative winner and the original winner’s entitlement will lapse.
- All employees (and their families) of Ulster Historical Foundation, any affiliates, subsidiary companies, any representatives or agents of those companies and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the Promotion cannot enter this Promotion.
Ulster Historical Foundation reserves the rights to:
- Suspend, change or cancel the Promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in Ulster Historical Foundation's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so.
- Add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this Promotion
- Any decision of Ulster Historical Foundation regarding any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, all entrants irrevocably grant Ulster Historical Foundation permission to use their name and contact information to inform entrants of future events, competitions, programmes and services. For information relating to the Foundation's compliance with current GDPR regulations click here
- These Terms & Conditions and the Promotion are governed by English law. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Ulster Historical Foundation shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by the entrant resulting directly or indirectly from entry to this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit the Foundation's liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
- The Foundation does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. the Foundation reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may affect entry to the Promotion.
- Although Ulster Historical Foundation will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Promotion (“Promotional Material”) is accurate, the Foundation is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect the Foundation's operation of the Promotion or the site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Promotional Material.