Register for one of our family history research programmes or conferences before 03 February 2023 and be automatically included in a prize draw for the chance to win our “Golden Ticket”.
The “Golden Ticket” will offer one lucky winner the chance to participate in one of the Foundation’s 2023 family history research programmes for just the price of their deposit.*
Unlock your family's story in 2023
Are you wishing to find out more about your Irish ancestors? Have you been thinking of what to do or where to go for your next vacation? Have you always wanted to visit some of Ireland’s famous landmarks and journey through the country’s beautiful landscape?
2023 will see Ulster Historical Foundation host a two family history conferences and the “Golden Ticket” just might be YOUR ticket to Ireland in 2023.
2023 Family History Research Programmes
Any registration for the following programmes received before 03 February 2023 will be automatically included in the "Golden Ticket” prize draw.
- Tracing Your Irish Ancestors: Family History Conference, 06-13 September
- Researching your Irish Ancestors: Assisted Research Programme, 08-13 October
NOTE: There will be ONE "Golden Ticket" which can be used for ONE of these programmes.
Just Three Steps to Enter
- Choose your desired conference or research programme
- Pay your deposit
- "Potentially" take part in one of our 2023 family history programmes for as little as £350!*
The winner of our “Golden Ticket” will be informed by email before 17 February and will be announced at a later date.
About our 2023 Programmes
Tracing your Irish Ancestors, 06-13 September 2023
Our classic 8-day conference programme returns in September 2023!
Running from 06 until 13 September 2023, this programme will include brand new tours to famous historic sites across the island of Ireland and crucially for the research enthusiast, all your time can alternatively be spent researching in the archives of Belfast with the Foundation's team of researchers (or a mix of the two).
Assisted personal research, talks, tours and sightseeing are all part of the eclectic, friendly and fun mix of Tracing Your Irish Ancestors. Join us for the journey. We will be delighted to see you.
Book your place on our September programme with just a £350 deposit.
Researching your Irish Ancestors, 08-13 October 2023
This enhanced research programme offers you the chance to spend a week researching in the archives each day being guided and supported by our team of researchers, and presents a great opportunity to break down any genealogical brick walls and unlock your family history.
This programme will also have a maximum capacity of 25 people meaning that you will experience more one-on-one time with our research team than you would at any of our other conferences and classes.
Book your place on our October programme with just a £350 deposit.
Terms and conditions
By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions:
- The prize draw is open to all who register for one of our 2023 Conference programmes before 03 February. (UHF staff members are excluded from the draw).
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Each registration received between 18 January and 03 February will be taken in good faith as an indication that you will attend regardless of the outcome of this promotion.
- The prize draw requires participants to register for either our September 2023 programme or October 2023 programme by paying a £350 deposit BEFORE 03 February.
- Those who have already registered for one of our 2023 research programmes can also enter the draw and will have as equal a chance to win our "Golden Ticket" as new registrations. Any entry will be subject to the same terms and conditions as other "Golden Ticket" registrations.
- Our "Golden Ticket" prize draw ends on 03 February. Entries after that date will not be included in the draw.
- The "Golden Ticket" can only be applied against one research programme. There will only be one winner of the "Golden Ticket".
- A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
- If a couple register for a 2023 research programme and win our prize draw, only one registration will receive the “Golden Ticket”. The other party (or parties) included in the booking will be required to pay the full registration price.
- Any registration for the following programmes received before 03 February 2023 will be automatically included in the "Golden Ticket” prize draw. Simply visit one of our Conference websites below and register with a deposit to entered into the draw:
- There will be ONE "Golden Ticket" which can be used for ONE of these programmes.
- UHF will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
- The “Golden Ticket” entitles the winner to participate in their desired 2023 family history research programme by only paying their deposit. Airfares/travel to and from Belfast, accommodation, spending money and other hospitality arrangements, outside what is included in a standard programme registration, are not included as part of this offer. These will still be the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of UHF regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified before 17 February via the email provided during subscription.
- UHF will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
- If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and UHF reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by UHF for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy and data protection policies.
- An announcement of the winners first name and place of work will be made via UHF’s newsletter and social media. The winner agrees to the release of their first name and rough location (i.e. Chicago, IL or Dublin, Ireland) to be included in a future message regarding the prize draw.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with UHF’s date protection policy.
- UHF does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that UHF does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- UHF reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of UK and Northern Ireland.